Thursday, November 5, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire choreographer roped in Julia Roberts movie

Longinus Fernandes , fondly known as Longi, has now been roped in to choreograph a Hollywood film titled ’Eat Pray, Love’ staring none other than Pretty Woman Julia Roberts . Longi who had choreographed the famous song sequence ’Jai Ho’ from ’ Slumdog Millionaire’ was in the city of Mirzapur village near the Pataudi farm house for a tree day shoot for a dance sequence.

Longi had to choreograph a dance sequence for a wedding function in the village. The scene had Julia Roberts sitting in the crowd and watching a group of baratis dancing.



When asked whether he got to interact with Julia on the sets?, he said "She is an amazing person and is extremely humble. I was surprised that she knew a lot about me. She complimented me for my work in Slumdog Millionaire .


Also, she was very patient throughout the shoot and was present on the sets every day." He added, "I also met the director of the movie, Ryan Murphy. He said, ’Longi, I’m proud to see your work and you’ll definitely go a long way.’ I consider myself very lucky to have worked with such renowned artists and filmmakers."



Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment