Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan were inundated with offers of starring together

photo


Looks like the success of Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani has changed Ranbir Kapoor’s perception of his career graph. The actor, who till now was open to the possibility of starring with buddy Imran Khan in a film, has now had a change of heart. Ranbir and Imran, who received a lot of accolades for hosting the Filmfare awards together earlier this year, were inundated with offers of starring together in films.


Ranbir, who is currently shooting with Priyanka Chopra in Bangkok for Anjana Anjani, his second film with Siddharth Anand after Bachna Ae Haseeno, says, “Imran and I did one gig together at the Filmfare awards but we haven’t worked together after that. We have been offered a whole lot of stuff but the offers never went beyond the preliminary stage. I don’t think Imran and I will be working together in any capacity in the near future. By God’s grace, I am in a position to do solo-hero films with terrific actresses and directors for the best banners. I am a selfish actor. I would rather have a film to myself than share it with another actor.”



Did something go wrong with their great friendship, one can’t help but wonder. The response is even more shocking as Ranbir admits that Imran and he are not exactly the thick friends they are made out to be. He says, “Imran and I are friends but not the best of friends. Where is the time for friendship? I don’t even have time for my parents. My only close friend in the film industry is Ayan Mukerji. I selfishly call my parents to my outdoor shootings to spend time with them. However, they avoid joining me on outdoors. They know what it’s like to be distracted. They have been there, done that. I’m doing what I love. So, no complaints.”


Rubbishing rumours of co-producing a film with Imran, Ranbir says. “People said I am co-producing a film with him. It will be really insulting if I don’t direct my first film for my home production (RK Films). I will feel really small and inadequate.


Imran Khan remained unavailable for comment.


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment