Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Esha got birthday gift by her mom Hema Malini

originaThe legendary actress is making not one, but three films for her daughter who has turned a year older today. To say that Hema Malini is crazy about her daughters Esha and Ahana Deol is an understatement. The doting mother has decided that on the occasion of Esha’s birthday today, she will host the mahurat of her film Tell Me Oh Khuda in which Esha teams up with Arjan Bajwa (Fashion) and Chandan Roy Saniyal (Kaminey). The film being directed by Mayur Puri (an associate on Dhoom) has an ensemble cast headed by Rishi Kapoor and a Turkish actress and it will go on the floors today.


Hot shot music director Pritam, too, has agreed to give the score. An excited Hema said, “I guess this is the best birthday gift I could give Esha.” Flashing her million-dollar smile, the yesteryear dream girl said, “I’m not unduly ambitious for my daughters.


I just want both Esha and Ahana to be happy and settled in their lives. But as a mother, I feel Esha hasn’t got her due and I definitely want the best for my child. Esha is young and I would like to fulfil her ambitions. I have also asked Ahana to step in and look after the production.”



So Hema’s banner, that fell silent after her directorial debut Dil Aashna Hai , is being revived in a major way. As soon she wraps up Tell Me Oh Khuda being shot by four world-class cinematographers in Turkey, Goa, Mumbai and Rajasthan, Hema and Esha will start work on their next film to be directed by Deepa Sahi.


Hema clarifies that Tell Me Oh Khuda is not a copy of Meryl Streep’s Mamma Mia . “It has four different stories with a common link line... but it is not even remotely connected to Mamma Mia. In fact, as yet I haven’t even got a role in Tell me... For the moment, I’m only involved as a producer. Honestly, how can I even think of doing Mamma Mia. I’m not in the same league as Meryl Streep,” she said very modestly.


The danseuse-actress however adds that the third film that she will make for Esha could be a musical because both of them are artistically inclined. “I may consider the possibility of making a film that involves dancing-singing in the plot line,” said Hema.


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment