Monday, November 23, 2009

I don't make it a hobby to help heroines-Akshay Kumar

kat


Akshay Kumar minces no words when it comes to praising Katrina Kaif. The two look good together on screen and often Akshay is credited for boosting Kat’s career when she needed it the most. Often it is said that Akki is the star to whom Kat hitched her wagon on her way to super stardom. But Akshay doesn’t like to make much noise about it. He credits Kat’s beauty and potential for her success and adds that he would go ahead to help any damsel in distress.



“I don’t make it a hobby to help heroines. I wait and I watch and I will of course be there to guide any damsel in distress. However, a ’Katrina’ doesn’t walk by a film set everyday. They are one in a million for a reason,” Akshay is quoted as saying in an interview. Katrina herself is so fond of Akshay that she agreed to do Priyadarshan’s movie De Dana Dan, only because Akshay asked her to even though her role in the film isn’t very substantial.


“I know when Katrina says she’s doing it for me, it means she respects me enough to say yes to something without question. There aren’t any questions around the script etc... It’s a plain and simple talk of ’Yes Akshay, when do you need me?’.” Akshay revealed. Akshay himself is under no illusion that ‘De Dana Dan’ won’t do anything great to Kat’s career.


“’De Dana Dan’ isn’t going to better her career. But yes, it is just good for her to work in different environments. A movie like this is a first for her. She still needs to touch every aspect of her audience and she knows it,” said Akshay.The film releases this Friday.


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment