Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Vidya Balan styles up for ‘Verve’ and ‘The Man’

Vidya Balan has a string of movies to her credit- Parineeta, Munnabhai, Salaam-e-ishq, Guru, Eklavya, Heyy Babyy, Halla Bol, Bhool Bhulaiya, Kismet Konnection and most recently Paa. All these movies have given her critical acclaim for her acting talents, but nothing could give the sensuous tag to her the way the most recent ‘Ishqiya’ has given her.
She had been trapped being called as “Behenji” type actress who was constantly being criticized for her dressing style, but with ‘Ishqiya’ she has sent the message through that “she can be seductress too” signaling that she is ready to fit in current trend.
February sees her on the cover story of ‘Verve’ and ‘The Man’. For the latter, she was styled by Vikram Phadnis and her makeup was done by Shreyas Mhatre.
Here is an excerpt from her interview with ‘The Man’:
“I am a good listener but I rarely give advice. When the good times are between two people, the problems too should remain between them. A relationship is never perfect; you have to work at it. You can’t be running in opposite directions at the first sign of dissent.
There is no perfect person you can connect with at all levels. A guy can’t be a looker, intelligent, sensitive, the guy that your friends and family like, a guy who likes the things you like and all that. Sometimes, if he is all that and he is available he may not have a sense of humour. May be he seems perfect on the face of it, but when you get to know him, the problems start. No two human beings are a perfect fit. That’s the joy and beauty of being in a relationship.
When the dressing debacle happened two years ago, I was bothered by it. Until then I’d only been heaped with praises and then suddenly, the criticism came in truckloads. I didn’t know how to deal with it. Then I looked at it objectively — they did have reason to criticise me. Most of it was exaggerated. I am clearly not a fashionista.
As an actor people expect me to look my best all the time. I didn’t realise that people were actually happy seeing me the way I am. It was not just about clothes — I was going through a period of confusion where I was giving a certain vibe. I was unsure, not happy with the way I was looking and trying to be someone I am not.”
Check out Vidya Balan for the two magazines.



No comments:

Post a Comment