Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Actress Lara Dutta wait for solo heroine roles in Bollywood



Actress Lara Dutta, who has of late become a fixture in multi-starrers, prefers to encash opportunities coming her way rather than wait for solo heroine roles in Bollywood.

"I cannot be foolish, just awaiting solo roles. Why should I burn my time sitting at home for want of single heroine-kind roles. Every single actor wants to do a solo film. Even I want to do a solo film. But if tomorrow Sajid (director) comes and offers me a multi-starrer film, I would be a fool to say no," Lara told reporters.

The 31-year-old actress has earlier been a part of multi-starrers like `No Entry`, `Partner`, `Do Knot Disturb` and `Bhagam Bhaag` among others.

The actress, who will be next seen in Sajid Khan`s romantic comedy `Housefull`, says she takes up only those multi-starrers, where characters essayed by her are "indispensable".

"Most films that I have done are multi-starrers. But at the same time every role that I have taken in these films are very distinct, essential and indispensable," Lara said.


"I feel that if you take away any character from a multi-starrer film, then there would be something missing. The characters really added a lot to the films. Certain characters do stay with the audience...no one has forgotten the character of `Kajal`, (a suspicious wife) from `No Entry`," she added.

The former beauty queen will be sharing screen space with stars like Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone, Jiah Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Arjun Rampal and Boman Irani in `Housefull`, which is scheduled to be released on April 30.

Directed by Sajid Khan, `Housefull` is about a man named Arush (Akshay Kumar) who gets caught in crazy situations all because he has a deep dark secret -- he has three wives.

Lara, who essays the role of Hetal in the film, said, "I play the character of a Gujarati girl. She is married to Akshay and Riteish. She comes to London to study and falls in love with a man, whom her father (Boman Irani) can`t stand.

Her aim is that her father, who stays in Ahmedabad, accepts the man she has married."

The former Miss Universe, who started her Bollywood journey opposite Akshay Kumar in 2004 with `Andaaz`, has also set her eyes on production and direction. She is currently penning a movie script.

"I`m writing a script. I would like to produce or direct a film... but for that I need to be prepared and well equipped," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment