Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Superstar Dilip Kumar watch the special screening of ‘3 Idiots’

1241430


Not many filmmakers are lucky when it comes to meeting the living legend of Bollywood, yesteryears superstar Dilip Kumar and his begum Saira Banu!


Recently, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Raj Kumar Hirani held a special screening of ‘3 Idiots’ for Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu.



News has it that Yusufsaab thoroughly enjoyed the film and was so happy that he immediately wanted to discuss the movie over a cup of piping hot tea. It is believed that a happy Dilip Kumar held hands with Vidhu Vinod Chopra and even sang old songs. However, once back in Vidhu’s office, Dilip found a hand painted vintage poster of ‘Mughal-e-Azam’, which he happily autographed. Talking to a news daily, an ecstatic Vidhu said, “He winked like a young boy and asked me, ‘Should I autograph for Madhubala as well’.” To which Vidhu replied, “No sir, your signature is good enough for me.”


Reminiscing his chance encounter with legendary Dilip Kumar, Vidhu told his wife Anupama, “As a young boy, back in my village in Kashmir, if anyone had said to me that one day I would hold hands with the legend of Indian Cinema, Dilip Kumar and sing songs, I would never have believed it. This is the most defining moment of my film life. I don’t think anything else can surpass it.”


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment