Friday, September 11, 2009

Shahid Kapur make bare necessities in his growingup days

actgal3


Unlike the kids of famous superstars who revel in luxuries, Shahid Kapur had to make do with bare necessities in his growing-up days. Imagine this, he had a motorbike but often didn’t have the money to buy petrol for it.


"I’m from a very middle-class background, I’ve gone through tough times when I had a bike but didn’t even have Rs 50 to put petrol in it," Shahid revealed his struggling days in a candid chat with Farah Khan on her show ’Tere Mere Beach Mein’.


After the success of Kaminey, Shahid may have become one of the most sought-after stars with a fat pay-cheque, but the actor hasn’t forgotten his initial days in the film industry, when he was paid peanuts for his debut movie.



"I got Rs 1 lakh for Ishq Vishq. After it became a hit, I signed my next film for Rs 35 lakh and got Rs 5 lakh as signing amount. I remember going home with the cheque of Rs 5 lakh and telling mum, ’Mom, in three days, we will have Rs 5 lakh in our bank account!’ Life changed for me after Ishq Vishq," Shahid revealed.


Shahid’s career turned around with Sooraj Bharjatya’s film Vivaah. The actor admitted that he was a bundle of nerves while doing the film and even a pep-talk by the director (inspiring Shahid to believe in his talent) failed to rev him up.


"I was unconvinced and gave one shot, then I saw it on the monitor and I said, I’ve given a perfect shot I know my work.’ After that I used to just focus on my work," Shahid said.


Though the movie became a hit, Shahid said his toughest phase began after ’Vivaah’.


"The most difficult phase was after ’Vivaah’ was a super hit. I was at home for six months without work. I got some 60 film offers but none inspired me," said Shahid who later gave superhits like Jab We Met and ’Kaminey’.


To be aired on Saturday, the show also had Genelia D’Souza as the co-guest. Shahid donated his favourite cap for auction while Genelia gave a dress for the same charitable cause.


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment