Friday, March 5, 2010

Kavi director Gregg Helvey was auditioning for a role in a Bollywood film

11121


His debut film `Kavi` is in the race for the Academy Award, but not long ago director Gregg Helvey was auditioning for a role in a Bollywood film.


Helvey, who has already won the Student Oscar for the 19-minute short film about an Indian slave boy, had also come close to being cast as the American boyfriend of Madhuri Dixit in `Aaja Nachle`.



"I love Bollywood films and on my initial scouting trip to visit brick kilns, a casting director asked me to audition for the role of Madhuri Dixit`s American boyfriend in Aaja Nachle. I did the audition, had several call backs and I almost got the role," the 30-year-old American filmmaker told.


Helvey who spent the past three years on the short film, said that he met many Bollywood professionals during his stint in India.


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment