Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Actress Anjana Sukhani had a gala time bonding with Dimple Kapadia

Anjana


Actress Anjana Sukhani, who plays a middleclass girl in romantic comedy `Tum Milo To Sahi’, had a gala time bonding with veteran actors like Dimple Kapadia and Nana Patekar.


"Dimple never made us feel that she is a senior actress. She was more like a friend, a teenager at heart. I did not call ma`am. I would call her D. She is very bubbly, sophisticated and classy all at the same time," Anjana told reporters in an interview.


The `Bobby` actress has united with Patekar after 16 years for the movie. They were last seen together in 1994` film `Krantiveer`.


Talking about Nana, who is known for his angry image in the media, Anjana said the actor was the joker on the sets and did funny things to ensure a laugh after a hectic day of
shooting.


Directed by Kabir Sadanand and produced by Nikhil Panchammiya, the film is about three couples played by Dimple Kapadia-Nana Patekar, Suniel Shetty-Vidya Malvade and Anjana Sukhani-Rehan Khan.



Anjana, who was last seen in Mahesh Bhatt`s film `Jashn`, plays one of the youngest couple in the movie alongside Rehan Khan. The film released today.


"My character suffers from inferiority complex and tries to project herself as someone, who is rich," says Anjana.


"I identified with the character because when I was in school I also used to pretend that I have this and that. I guess these things are big in middleclass," she adds.


The actress, who has worked in hit comedy `Golmaal Returns`, will also sport a grunge look for the movie.


"I have a very grunge look in the movie. It is completely different. She is nice girl at heart but at the same time someone who breaks the norm and thinks out-of-the-box. I had lots of arguments with my director on my looks," says Anjana.


After her stint in `Golmaal Returns`, Anjana is keen to do more comedy but she does not want to repeat herself as an actress.


"What I would really love is to lots of comedy. Romantic comedy is something that is really close to my heart. But I think one should keep challenging oneself. I don`t want to do same kind of cinema," she says.


Anjana will next be seen playing the lead opposite Sharman Joshi in `Allah Ke Bande`, a gritty film about juvenile crime in India.


"It is Sharman`s first gray role. I am playing the lead opposite him. It is based on juvenile crime and deals with what happens to the youngsters when they go to these jails and how it changes their life," says Anjana.

No comments:

Post a Comment